Expectations: Is it your dream to work in the sports industry? If so an internship with the Washington Spirit Soccer Club can be the first mile of your marathon! As an Intern with the Washington Spirit Soccer Club, you will aid the club in continuing to strive to be a premier club on and off of the pitch, you will play a large role in the achievement of this goal by executing projects and by being a part of the day to day activities of the Club. We are seeking interns that will take steps on their own to grow and hone their craft. As an Intern, you will be expected to give maximum effort every day you come to work.
Job Title: Operations/Equipment Internship
Length of Employment: Seasonal Position
Location: Boyds, MD
Reports to: Operations Director, President of Soccer Operations and Development, Coaching Staff
Compensation: unpaid (Credit optional)
The Operations/ Equipment intern is responsible for the assisting in the operations and logistics relating directly to the players, coaches, team staff and youth programs. Intern will help with the Operations Assistant oversee the Pro Team, Reserve Team, College Academy, U20 team's equipment and Youth Programs.
This is an unpaid internship but we can fulfill requirements for college credit or community service.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· In season: Practice prep, general practice field set up, laundering of game uniforms and practice gear, daily locker room set up and cleaning, and game day preparations.
· Prepare Pro Team player and team equipment
· In season: Assist in running Game Day Operations for the Pro Team, Reserve Program and College Academy as outlined in the NWSL and WPSL Manuals.
· Off-Season: Prepare equipment for 2016 season and assist in arranging accommodations for incoming players.
· Youth Program or other program responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Staff, Head Coach or General Manager.
· Must have a strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports and entertainment
· Superior Time Management Skills, Dependability, Attention to Detail, Excellent interpersonal skills, Professionalism.
· Must have transportation
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ