All internships for Washington Spirit are unpaid internships. The internships allow the individual to gain valuable experience with a professional organization for their future in the sports, entertainment and marketing industry. Hours can be flexible to accommodate with your school or work schedule. Some nights and weekends will be required.
Photography Intern: Washington Spirit are looking for a photography intern to assist the Digital Media and Communications department. The photography intern will report to the Content Strategist and will assist with the day to day objectives of the Digital Media and Communications Department.
· Shoot action photos of training sessions
· Shoot photos during game days and other events as needed.
· Edit photos in Photoshop
· Post-game day photo galleries to the team website
· Photograph fans and in-game presentation
· Handle image sourcing / emailing internal & external photo requests
· Assist with archiving of photos
· Edit photos used on social media
· Interested in pursuing a career in photography
· Proficient in Adobe Bridge and Photoshop
· Demonstrated photography and photo editing experience
· Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones
· Proficient in photography techniques, including lighting and camera positioning among others
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
· Ability to travel to away games as needed and to various events around the community
· Must be able to provide your own equipment
Please submit samples of your best action (sports) photography as well as any other work that demonstrates your creative abilities.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ