Washington Spirit’s Video Operations Intern will hold a temporary position within the company, with an emphasis on training and gathering practical experience in video and broadcast operations for a professional sports organization. The Video Operations Intern will gain hands-on experience working with the Video Operations and Broadcast Team, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths and reach their fullest potential.
· Enhance creativity through shooting, editing projects and creating graphics.
· Assist in producing and creating videos for multiple aspects of the organization, including websites, broadcast and in-stadium videos.
· Research, write and convey information to the viewing audience.
· Create and complete any video needs as requested by Team Leads on the Video Operations Team.
· Attend production meetings to review scripts and ensure knowledge on the look of the show.
· Assist in troubleshooting any technical issues that may arise during the production of a live broadcast, managing any last-minute changes efficiently and properly.
· Represent Washington Spirit and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
· Perform other related tasks as assigned.
· Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
· Ability to show creativity.
· Independent thinking and execution.
· Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
· Remarkable organizational skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
· Passion for telling stories in sports, as well as familiarity with soccer and Washington Spirit.
Skills and Experience
· Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Broadcast, Journalism, Communications or other related field required.
· Previous coursework or desire to learn and understand all facets of production, the control room and production equipment and software.
· Experience shooting with broadcast-level cameras (Panasonic P2 format) desired.
· Experience editing with Final Cut Pro or equivalent software desired.
· Experience with Photoshop and/or After Effects desired.
· Demonstrated desire to learn and focus on broadening his/her production skill set.
· Awareness of sports industry development.
· Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Can you provide transportation to and from Boyds, MD?
2. Are you available for all home matches during the season?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ